Cape Verde, officially known as the Republic of Cabo Verde is an archipelago in the central Atlantic ocean. Cabo Verde is an island nation consisting of ten volcanic islands. The Republic of Cabo Verde is located off the West Coast of Africa. Popularly known for its beaches, Cape Verde is named after the westernmost cape of Africa.
Nigerian citizens are not required to apply for Cape Verde visa. All tourists from Nigeria with original and valid Nigerian passport can travel to Cape Verde without visa. The “free” visa validity allows Nigerians to visit and stay in Cape Verde for a duration of 90 days.
The documents required to visit Cape Verde from Nigeria are:
- Pre-arrival registration: Although Cape Verde is visa-free for all Nigerian visitors, you are still required to register for travel documents by filling and submitting the EASE form. EASE means Efficient, Automatic and Safe Entry. Tourists have to submit the pre-arrival form at least five days before reaching Cape Verde.
- Passport: Nigerian tourists need the Nigerian passport as proof for the identity and nationality check. Your passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months. Ensure that at least 2 pages are blank for stamping at the immigration points.
- TSA: TSA is the Cape Verde Airport Security Tax. It costs 37 US Dollars. You can pay at the airport or online during registration.
- Return tickets.
- Travellers under the age of 18 must show authorization from their parents or guardians.
- Proof of accommodation: This could be a hotel reservation or a letter from your host.
Requirements for E-visa
You need the following to be able to apply for the Cape Verde E-visa:
- Passport: Upload bio page of your original passport with 6 months validity.
- Photograph: Upload a scanned photograph of yourself.
- Travel details.
- Payment of visa fee and processing fee ($37).
How to get the E-visa
- Apply for the tourist visa online.
- Fill in your basic information and the application form.
- Submit the form.
- Pay visa and processing fees.
- Monitor your visa status.
- You will receive approved visa via email.
- Download and print.
It is advisable to apply for the E-visa at least, a month before departure.